The Himalayan Rock Salt is so named because of its occurrence in the Himalayan Mountains. It contains 10 different types of minerals & 84 trace elements which are important for human body. There are different types of salt present on the earth like standard salt, refined salt, and cooking salt & Himalayan Rock Salt. The Himalayan rock salt is mainly mined in the Khewra mine in Pakistan, which is the largest salt mine in the world.
Qualities of Himalayan Rock Salt
The Himalayan Rock Salt is the purest salt available on Earth. Himalayan Rock Salt is beneficial for human health and because of its health benefits it is used all over in the world. Naturally it is present in the form of small rock which is white-pink or sometime red in color which becomes white after the conversion of rock in to the powder form. The color difference is due to mineral contents and the iron level present in the salt. Minerals inside of this unrefined gift are necessary for the body to transmit an electric potential to occur at the membrane wall of cells allowing energy to release.
Health Benefits of Himalayan Rock Salts
- Crystal salt regulates the water content in your body.
- Ability to maintain the pH in the cells, mainly in the brain cells.
- Can help in reducing the signs of aging and be helpful for limiting progression of skin diseases (ie. Psoriasis, eczema).
- May assist patients with diabetes in maintaining the blood sugar level.
- Responsible for the generation of hydroelectric energy in the cells of body.
- The absorption of food from the walls of intestine can also be facilitated by the Himalayan rock salt.
- The respiratory health can also be improved in the patients suffering from the respiratory diseases.
- Sinus problems can also be reduced with the help of Himalayan rock salt (neti-pot).
- It has also been observed that the Himalayan rock salt may be responsible for increased libido in both men and women.
- The muscle cramps can be prevented with the use of this salt.
- The blood pressure is regulated by this salt when it is used in conjugation with water (may ameliorate some negative effects of high NaCl)
- Natural powerful antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-fungal agent – supportive of health & suppressing infective diseases.
Comparison of Himalayan Rock Salt vs Sea Salt
The sea salt is obtained by evaporating sea water. The sea salt is not pure any more as the seas are dumped with waste products and oil spills. The salt obtained from the polluted sea water contains mercury, PCBs and other toxins.
While the Himalayan rock salt is in pure crystalized form with lots of health benefits. As it is obtained by mining, it is in pure form without any toxins.
Discussion of Sodium Chloride (NaCl) – America’s “Salt”
Sodium Chloride (NaCl) is a chemically refined version of what nature perfected. When ingested, NaCl is missing the natural equalizing counterparts including potassium, calcium, magnesium – each of which are naturally in far lower concentrations in the natural form of salt.
NaCl is recognized as an aggressive intracellular poison – for each .035 ounces it takes 23 times the amount of its own cellular water to neutralize & eliminate NaCl. Average daily salt consumed in the U.S. is between 0.4 – 0.7 ounces and our bodies can excrete 0.17 – 0.25 ounces each day. Uric acid can bind to excess NaCl in the body which can cause different kinds of rheumatism such as arthritis, gout, kidney and gall bladder stones in attempts to “eliminate” this substance.
Often, table salt can have iodine or fluoride artificially added. In addition, frequently preservatives are added to salt… this does not make sense as salt itself is a preservative. These salt preservatives may include calcium carbonate, magnesium carbonate & aluminium hydroxide (aluminum is suspected to increase Alzheimer’s risk).
Uses of the Himalayan rock salt
The Himalayan Rock Salt can be used as follows:
- Directly by seasoning food. Use this as an additive instead of NaCl to minimize some of the damage done from processed, refined foods.
- Making sole brine by mixing the salt in water by making 26% concentration of the brine. Allow salt crystals to naturally dissolve in time – at equilibrium it becomes 26%. This brine can be taken as one teaspoon full daily.
- To avoid the salty taste of brine, the brine can also be intake by mixing the teaspoon full brine in 1 liter of water and drink the whole amount of water.
- The salt mixed with hot water can be used to treat sinus, pain, injuries, cuts, gargles and as skin scrub. Try a nice soaking bath using 1 kg of salt!
- The Himalayan rock salt lamps can be used to refresh the indoor air and improve the ambience of a place.
- Added to Dr. Bragg’s Raw Apple Cider Vinegar with raw honey & water for a healthy, cleansing drink (try substituting water with club soda for a treat!)
- Sole Inhalation (1-8%) – Add 0.7 ounces of crushed crystal salt into a steaming pot of water. Inhale the sole steam for 10-15 minutes – organs will bind pollutants in mucous so gunk may be coughed up.
- Gargle & spit sole solution upon onset of sore throat for speedy recovery.
- Use a 1% solution as an eye bath or a sinus flush (ie. “Neti-pot”).
- Topical sole solutions may be beneficial in open wounds (use 1% to avoid stinging), poison oak, ivy & sumac.
People suffering from severe ailments like kidney disease, heart disease, high blood pressure, digestive disorders etc. should consult their doctors before consuming the Himalayan Rock Salt as it can have adverse effect on health of the patients.
- Hendel, Dr. Med Barbara, and Peter Ferreira. Water & Salt – The Essence of Life. Print.
- “Himalayan Salt – Purest Salt with Amazing Health Benefits.” Natural Health Products by Dr. Joseph Mercola. Web. 06 Dec. 2011. <http://products.mercola.com/himalayan-salt/>
- Himalayan Rock Salt Health Benefits | LIVESTRONG.COM.” LIVESTRONG.COM – Lose Weight & Get Fit with Diet, Nutrition & Fitness Tools | LIVESTRONG.COM. Web. 06 Dec. 2011. <http://www.livestrong.com/article/387840-himalayan-rock-salt-health-benefits/
– See more at: http://drnickberry.com/2011/12/07/himayalan-rock-salt/#sthash.4QaNgA7t.dpuf
Contact Us Directly For Wholesale & Bulk Order Inquiry.
Please Visit Our Website
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Phone : +923-162-337376
Abdul Moiz Allahwala
Himalayan Salt Lamp Supplier, Himalayan Rock Salt Lamp Manufacturers, Himalayan Salt Lamp Distributors in Pakistan